ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: Conley's 1980 Toyota - View Topic (Page 3 of 6)Page: 1 2 3 4 5 » 
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
sarge
Official Zombie Supporter

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 3:08am UTC)

No dig, and I was spitting out teeth on my last marlin from behind a carbed 22r. No thanks.
Maybee yor foot had something to do with it OR-- inchworm fked up and buit me a good one{Confused} ?{Confused}

79cj7 soa's built fw44 built fw9"rear 488's arb's 350tbi sm465/toyota 5-1, 228-1 104"sitting on 42's
mikeb
Zombie Member

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 3:13am UTC)
Well it was like a Marlin #130 or so. What effect can a right foot have when the motor is only cranking out 80 horses at the flywheel.

God gave me a superior brain over the rest of the animals, so I could exploit the planet.
T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 3:25am UTC)
Its all how ya drive, I had a dana 20 in the old buggy with a 5.0 and a T-18 manual, and drove it hard, did backdoor and about 100 laps in the box. But I have seen kranker snap those rear yota outputs like twigs with his four banger. And some of you may or may not know this but I had a 81 toyota pickup for a while. Its just hard to justify your arduments for it when I have put 4.7's in it and 4.0's in a 300, and seen with my own eyes and held in my own hands the components of each case. I wasn't doggin the yota stuff, I was just interjecting some logic on it. That the yota cases were orginally designed by a little japanesse engineer to go behind a 4cyl truck motor making barely 80hp, and perhaps a diff T case may be a good preventitive step, you could sell the yota cases to fund a 300 and put just a 32 spline rear in and twin stick it and it would be awesome. A dana 300 origanaly came behind inline sixes and 304 v8's and maybe in some J30's that had 401's. Hence my wacky logic I was talking about........

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

mikeb
Zombie Member

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 3:37am UTC)
Agreed. Funny thing is when I upgraded I bought a 300 and 32splined the rear and twinsticked it. {Grin} I also agree with Gary though a 4cyl. case can live well behind a v8 if driven properly. He drives like and old lady, thats why his has held up so long.

Oh and the hammer down Baggy you guys know actually knew how to drive at one point. How to pick a line and crawl something. What fun is that though.

God gave me a superior brain over the rest of the animals, so I could exploit the planet.
chrisconley
Hardcore

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 5:23am UTC)
does the 300 dig?

B.ecause U. D.eserve W.hat E.very I.ndividual S.hould E.njoy R.egularly
bkizzle

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 5:29am UTC)

does the 300 dig?

If you twin stick it

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

matt
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 3:23pm UTC)

trav's right. you will be spending more time in the garage working on your tcase than wheeling. save a couple extra buck and get a 300 or a atlas. i was the toyota guy for awhile but know i have seen the light. {Grin}

Yeah that whole jeep thing has definitely worked out better for you!

I'm a diehard toyota guy but I agree with Travis and a few others ditch the toyota cases and build a d300. I've been running my dual cases for almost 8 years with no problems but I also still have a stock four banger with 200k miles on it! Toyota cases are badass behind a small motor not a 300hp V8!

1983 Toyota, tube bed, dual cases with 4.7, linked f/r with 16" fox coilovers, arb dana 44 front, welded 12 bolt rear, 39" Krawlers, 115" wheelbase
yeagley
Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 11:54pm UTC)
Chris, you know Im a toyota guy till the day I die, But a toyota front axle cant take a front dig with a V-8. You should sell it all, get a jeep, put a ford motor and tranny in it(cause they never break) and buy a $2000 t- case. Dont forget the $4000 worth of axles you also need. :flipoff:
TROUT
Vendor
Vendor

[Avatar]

I see U run, I still stab you face!

pmwww

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (26th Jun 09 at 12:08am UTC)
put that motor in the back of that truck bed with the rest of it.get a 22re with duals and run the thing.

"dude you cant fuck her in the shop there is to many cameras"...."why not? shes hot and i've got a big dick, whats the problem?" Dave Halabuk RIP
bkizzle

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (26th Jun 09 at 12:26am UTC)

put that motor in the back of that truck bed with the rest of it.get a 22re with duals and run the thing.

X2 I think this is the cheapest most effective setup for that truck, when a 22re runs right there not bad at all, and you can buy a used motor tranny and case for less than fixing that motor! then a dual adapter and run it

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

yeagley
Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (26th Jun 09 at 12:30am UTC)
Wasnt that the plan like a year ago? Thats A LOT of waisted time, effort and money...........welcome to the sport of 4 wheeling my friend :thumbsup:
bigbadjeepster
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

how about a warm glass of shut the hell up?!

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (26th Jun 09 at 1:23am UTC)
Run the V8! Its your project after all, run what you got. Its OK to be different. Shit, look at my setup, I dumped almost $6k into my engine when I could have just bought an LS motor for half that.
As far as the t-case goes, take everyones suggestions and put something a litte stronger in there. The most bang for your buck would be a stack. If you cant fit it beween your frame then find an atlas. Remember, there is nothing wrong with buying a used one.

cheeks
69 commando with some goodies
70 commando with more goodies
T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (27th Jun 09 at 4:19am UTC)
Posted By yeagley on 25th Jun 09 at 4:54pm

Chris, you know Im a toyota guy till the day I die, But a toyota front axle cant take a front dig with a V-8. You should sell it all, get a jeep, put a ford motor and tranny in it(cause they never break) and buy a $2000 t- case. Dont forget the $4000 worth of axles you also need. :flipoff:

Yeah I agree with you, probably not the best on yota axles to dig, and I really don't care if you wheel a covered wagon you have to put alot of coin into the axles. Stock yota axles ain't gonna cut it, you will need longfields, arb, gears, high steer. And unless something has changed they don't exactly give that stuff away anymore. Unless you are going to try and convice me that stock birfs are stronger than anyother axle in the world cause toyota mixed some secret soy sauce in with the metal to make super alloy birfs stock. {Rolleyes} Anytime you girls with the yotas want to man up and come on down to the hammers and go on a little tour let me know :fake:

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

mikeb
Zombie Member

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (27th Jun 09 at 5:17am UTC)

Posted By yeagley on 25th Jun 09 at 4:54pm

Yeah I agree with you, probably not the best on yota axles to dig, and I really don't care if you wheel a covered wagon you have to put alot of coin into the axles. Stock yota axles ain't gonna cut it, you will need longfields, arb, gears, high steer. And unless something has changed they don't exactly give that stuff away anymore. Unless you are going to try and convice me that stock birfs are stronger than anyother axle in the world cause toyota mixed some secret soy sauce in with the metal to make super alloy birfs stock. {Rolleyes} Anytime you girls with the yotas want to man up and come on down to the hammers and go on a little tour let me know :fake:

Right on. Its funny to me cuz I have tested the limits of asian tecnology and moved on {Grin} I agree with Travis, try to follow me and see how long your toyota holds up Smiley

chrisconley
Hardcore

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (27th Jun 09 at 2:07pm UTC)
i have longfields, gears, high steer but no arb, only a lockrite. and i upgraded from soy sauce to sake!!! BANZAIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.ecause U. D.eserve W.hat E.very I.ndividual S.hould E.njoy R.egularly
 Printable View
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 »