ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: Conley's 1980 Toyota - View Topic (Page 2 of 6)Page: 1 2 3 4 5 » 
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 6:06pm UTC)
I would also maybe suggest just junking the toyota t cases altogether. I would think that T-cases origanially designed to be used with a 70hp four cylinder wouldn't hold up well to a 300hp V-8. I would think wou would be snapping outputs and even inputs like toothpicks. Look into maybe a built 300 or a good used atlas too. I think babydick had a similar trans with the atlas on his buggy when he had the Lexus v8 in it

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 6:18pm UTC)
oh ok, I have no clue, i was just thinkin what thinngs are designed for. And I assume in 1980 they designed that case to be used with the motor it was with. I will bow down to the all mighty toyota case at once! In fact i should sell my atlas and UPGRADE to a yota case. {Rolleyes}

carry on with yota talk i will not interupt with my logic anymore {Cheesy}

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 6:48pm UTC)
trav's right. you will be spending more time in the garage working on your tcase than wheeling. save a couple extra buck and get a 300 or a atlas. i was the toyota guy for awhile but know i have seen the light. {Grin}

Rigless but I do have a 63 caddy now!
Trying to find a rig asap is in the works

tellico post #208
sarge
Official Zombie Supporter

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 7:01pm UTC)

trav's right. you will be spending more time in the garage working on your tcase than wheeling. save a couple extra buck and get a 300 or a atlas. i was the toyota guy for awhile but know i have seen the light. {Grin}
IS THIS TALK FROM A 231 GUY{Confused} ?

79cj7 soa's built fw44 built fw9"rear 488's arb's 350tbi sm465/toyota 5-1, 228-1 104"sitting on 42's
kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 7:34pm UTC)

a stock 231. now its built :flipoff: and anyways i had to replace three outputs in my toyota and tow of them where the badass cryod ones. {Grin} that was all done with a 4banger :fake:

tellico post #208
bkizzle

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 7:37pm UTC)
hey sarge how does that toyota case hold up behind your 350{Confused} ? good I bet!!! and the 5.0 gear sets are weaker than 4.7's and I bet he has yet to snap em'... I see a lot of v8's with chevy autos or manuals adapted back to yota cases, 300's need everything replaced to be worth a shit at least toyota cases are somewhat strong out of the box!!!! and I guaruntee a chromo gear set and chromo outputs on a yota case would hold up better than a built 300.... bobby long has yet to have a chromo output returned and now marlin builds a stronger one than that 32spline 30mm output! and I dont swear by toyota shit but they do build some strong ass shit.....

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

bkizzle

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 7:44pm UTC)

a stock 231. now its built :flipoff: and anyways i had to replace three outputs in my toyota and tow of them where the badass cryod ones. {Grin} that was all done with a 4banger :fake:

what gears and tires{Confused} and whos outputs{Confused} ?

bkizzle

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 7:47pm UTC)

oh ok, I have no clue, i was just thinkin what thinngs are designed for. And I assume in 1980 they designed that case to be used with the motor it was with. I will bow down to the all mighty toyota case at once! In fact i should sell my atlas and UPGRADE to a yota case. {Rolleyes}

hey Im not saying a yota case is better than a atlas by any means but bang for buck Id say toyota case!!!! my post above even stated if your throttle happy you may wanna get a stak or atlas but not everyone has 2500 to spend on a case

kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 9:14pm UTC)

what gears and tires{Confused} and whos outputs{Confused} ?

2.28in front case and 4.7in rear case 5.38s in the axles 42s and i beleave they were boby longs not 100%sure. :flipoff:

tellico post #208
kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 9:19pm UTC)

hey Im not saying a yota case is better than a atlas by any means but bang for buck Id say toyota case!!!! my post above even stated if your throttle happy you may wanna get a stak or atlas but not everyone has 2500 to spend on a case

you can get a used dana 300 with a 4:1 kit and twin stick for about 1000.00 and a used atlas is about 1500.00 to 2000.00. a dana 300 would be you best bet because you could build it over time with stak parts. when the 300 breaks {Grin}

tellico post #208
T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 10:03pm UTC)
Let the toyota brainwashing continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm out! {Tongue Out}

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

bkizzle

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (24th Jun 09 at 10:12pm UTC)

you can get a used dana 300 with a 4:1 kit and twin stick for about 1000.00 and a used atlas is about 1500.00 to 2000.00. a dana 300 would be you best bet because you could build it over time with stak parts. when the 300 breaks {Grin}

I'll stick with the 400 bucks I have in my toyota cases for now :flipoff: until I go with bigger axles and tires......

I think chris wanted to stay toyota too! a 4.7 iforce motor will take way more fab work and time than a 302 or 350 (both fit in the stock rails) 302 fits the best its only like 19 inches or so wide at the mounts and a 350 2 more inches wide, but a 4.7 with all toyota drivetrain is a good plan IMO some guys perfer certain companys to each there own I like were Conley is headed with the build....

chrisconley
Hardcore

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 12:59am UTC)
travis i respect your opinion don't leave this thread. but im going to be spending a bunch of time and money getting this motor to work i think i'll keep my toyota cases now because there already here. maybe next time i take the truck apart ill think about an atlas... but more importantly whats so great about an atlas anyways{Confused}

B.ecause U. D.eserve W.hat E.very I.ndividual S.hould E.njoy R.egularly
sarge

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 2:54am UTC)

hey sarge how does that toyota case hold up behind your 350{Confused} ? good I bet!!! and the 5.0 gear sets are weaker than 4.7's and I bet he has yet to snap em'... I see a lot of v8's with chevy autos or manuals adapted back to yota cases, 300's need everything replaced to be worth a shit at least toyota cases are somewhat strong out of the box!!!! and I guaruntee a chromo gear set and chromo outputs on a yota case would hold up better than a built 300.... bobby long has yet to have a chromo output returned and now marlin builds a stronger one than that 32spline 30mm output! and I dont swear by toyota shit but they do build some strong ass shit.....
I've been beating the holy shit out of the toy cases for 4 years and yet to even hear a noise or issue yet but a front dig would be nice if I had room for the rear disconect, I honestly think the 304 would have done something to it being cammed to death but--------NOT!!!

79cj7 soa's built fw44 built fw9"rear 488's arb's 350tbi sm465/toyota 5-1, 228-1 104"sitting on 42's
mikeb
Zombie Member

pm

Re: Conley's 1980 Toyota (25th Jun 09 at 3:04am UTC)
No dig, and I was spitting out teeth on my last marlin from behind a carbed 22r. No thanks.

God gave me a superior brain over the rest of the animals, so I could exploit the planet.
 Printable View
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 »