ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: Coles 4runner - View Topic (Page 1 of 6)Page: 1 2 3 4 5 » 
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
yeagley
Coles 4runner (2nd Apr 08 at 5:02pm UTC)
I started a new rig a couple months ago. I beat the shit out of my blue '83 Yota, so I wanted to build my 4runner. Some of you might remember this runner as my daily driver about 3-4 years ago. Its been sitting in my moms pasture for the last 2 years. Im hoping to get it going by June. Image IImage have a shit load of build pictures, so I will just put the highlights up
kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (2nd Apr 08 at 5:11pm UTC)
looks like a lot of work before june. are you going to run toyota sh#*t again or are you going to step it up on this one {Grin}

Rigless but I do have a 63 caddy now!
Trying to find a rig asap is in the works

tellico post #208
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (2nd Apr 08 at 5:19pm UTC)
I built some new axles for it. Yes they are Toyota. Im not cool enough for fullwidth. 5.29's, Lockrite, Auburn LS, highsteer, 35's(for now), keepin it real with the single case, bla, bla, bla, Toyota crap....oh yeah, I narrowed the whole front clip 5 inches Image Image Image I also shaved the firewall to fit 38" + tires later Image
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (2nd Apr 08 at 5:22pm UTC)
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (2nd Apr 08 at 5:29pm UTC)
The frame was bent pretty bad. I built the front end square to the rear end. I had to move the frame rails 3/4" over on the front spring hanger. I did away with the stock front X member and plated the front half of the frame with 1/4" plate Image Image Image Image Image
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (2nd Apr 08 at 5:33pm UTC)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (2nd Apr 08 at 5:40pm UTC)
This is what it looks like right now. I need to do the rear. Its on stiff springs and blocks just to match the front. Im saving up to 4link it, but for now it will get different leaves Image Image Image
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (2nd Apr 08 at 5:43pm UTC)
Oh, I think it will be ready. I could slam it together, but I want her to be pretty before I smash the shit out of it.
kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (2nd Apr 08 at 6:10pm UTC)
haha so you do work fast. and it look really good. but you should have done a 4 link in the front and some 2.5 air shocks to lower that thing. {Cool} it looks tall. well hurry up and get that thing done so you can go wheeln with us soon. o yeah you need to hit me up and come check out the buggy {Grin}

tellico post #208
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (2nd Apr 08 at 8:39pm UTC)
I want the front to settle at least 2". The rear still needs built with flater, longer springs. I clearanced the front so much to clear 37"-39" tires. Once I get my Longfields I will use these 35's for street tires. Im sure all my tube will add weight. The Half the engine is in too. That motor is my mock up motor. I hate shooting grinder sparks on my good motor. I'll come see it asap.
HOGAN
Official Zombie Supporter

[Avatar]

Black Jeep Metal Mafia Member

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (3rd Apr 08 at 2:30am UTC)
Bad Ass Cole!!!

Little 04 Rubicon, 5.13 gears, Home brew Highline on 36's Beat to hell and almost paid off... Happiness is Rock Crawling in your "Daily Driver"..... kinda.

Tellico Rally Post #555

Sponsored by HENGL
Team HENGL your face!
T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: Coles 4runner (3rd Apr 08 at 5:06am UTC)
Leaf springs{Confused} ?? Naw just kiddin! What front springs you running? 44044's or toy rears?

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (3rd Apr 08 at 5:38am UTC)
looks good fawker! You gonna dop more wheelin with us this year? Smiley

Big fish in an even bigger pond
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (3rd Apr 08 at 5:59am UTC)
Toyota rears up front. The only reason to run 44044's is if you have a Waggoneer. Too much spring rate for me....and I like the 2" gain is aproach angle. As soon as I drag the body off this one I will do a linked up buggy
More like are you guys gonna be wheelin with me this year.j/k. I was out somewhere almost every weekend last summer. Thats the only reason I build these stupid things, to be out there having fun with you guys {Grin}
kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (7th Apr 08 at 10:23pm UTC)
are you done yet {Cheesy} {Grin} just kidding lets see some updated pics. {Grin}

tellico post #208
 Printable View
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 »