ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: Coles 4runner - View Topic (Page 5 of 6)Page: « 3 4 5 6 
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
bkizzle
Official Zombie Supporter

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (16th Mar 09 at 3:28pm UTC)

{Shocked} i think you cut alittle too much outa the floor

thats cole for you!!!! he's not even done cutting....lol I think hes gonna boat side the rockers!!! maybe middle of the door or so down by the time hes done with the grinder....redoing body mounts etc etc should be sick when hes done..... next time I think he should just start with some sheetmetal and a pile of tubing.... thats where its gonna be in the end anyway.... get it done cole its almost april!!!!!!!! dont be like mine last year and not get it done till august

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (16th Mar 09 at 4:27pm UTC)

{Shocked} i think you cut alittle too much outa the floor
No way!!. It will all make sense when I get some work done. Im doing away with the body mounts. The floor and body will be solid mounted the frame. The cage is going in before the floor gets new sheet metal too. Im doing all this so when I get the urge to loose all the body, I will already have a buggy.

And why do I need it done for April{Confused} ? Im not going to the Hammers and the snow wont melt till June. So, I will see you guys in june......and you better not be in the way, i'll drive over your ass {Kiss}
bkizzle

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (16th Mar 09 at 5:35pm UTC)
No Im saying its almost april cause I want to make sure your done by june.....lol but you dont work right now so your good git-r-dun buddy!!!

yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (16th Mar 09 at 6:05pm UTC)

lol but you dont work right now so your good git-r-dun buddy!!!
No...but I go to school 3 days a week and have 2 other projects going.
jeremyhengl
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Actual Wheeler

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (17th Mar 09 at 5:56am UTC)
sounds like a good plan

Many thanks to all my sponsors and Pit crew ,
Yukon Gear and Axle
Wrap Concept
Bilstien
Bull Dog Winches
G & M construction
Greenside landscape
Susanville Trans.
Rock Zombies crew friends and family
kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (3rd Apr 09 at 8:27pm UTC)
any updates {Grin}

Rigless but I do have a 63 caddy now!
Trying to find a rig asap is in the works

tellico post #208
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (3rd Apr 09 at 9:49pm UTC)
Not really. School and work eat up most of my week. I have the dual cases in. Im waiting on parts to get here from Marlin and Front Range Off Road.
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (27th Apr 09 at 3:49pm UTC)
Alright folks, I did a little work on my pos this weekend. I plated the inside and bottom of my frame from the front shackle to the rear spring hanger with 4" 3/8 angle iron. No more landing on the stock 1/8" frame rails or getting hung up on my rear spring hanger. Image
I also finnished my t cace X member. I used 2" 1/4 wall box tube and the center ring from Front Range Off Road. The bushings are for a Toyota leaf spring. Way beefier than FROR's $300 X member. Oh yeah, I have $80 into it total. Image Image
So now my motor and tranny are mounted. I still have to weld all the 3/8s stuff with Scotts welder. The little 115v lincoln im using wont do it. I have 1 more X member to add to the frame that will eventualy have link mounts attatched to. Im almost ready to put the floor back in. Image Once I have everything back together I will start on the belly pan :boobs:
bkizzle

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (27th Apr 09 at 8:26pm UTC)
looks good :homo: would look better once that floors in! you need to tow it over and weld the 3/8 on before the floor goes in !!! :boobs: bender bender bender I need a damn bender so I can cage mine this year too!!! and you know your needing it too buddy, once the house closes escrow and I have a few duckets I need to get me one of them'ns :thumbsup:

how much weight did the 3/8 angle add{Confused} ?? those were like 80 pounds a piece in full legth in the side yard :fake: now you can surf over anything without denting that frame

jeremyhengl
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Actual Wheeler

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (28th Apr 09 at 6:27am UTC)
looks sweet make sure you have spring bushing motor mounts with that tranny mounts otherwise you end up crackingthe case around the bolts , and if you dont have them , Rockstomper.com has em 75 bucks a set thats cheaper than stock {Grin}

Many thanks to all my sponsors and Pit crew ,
Yukon Gear and Axle
Wrap Concept
Bilstien
Bull Dog Winches
G & M construction
Greenside landscape
Susanville Trans.
Rock Zombies crew friends and family
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (28th Apr 09 at 1:50pm UTC)
I was going to make some motor mounts like that, but never did. Does it break the case because the stock motor mounts are softer?
matt
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (28th Apr 09 at 3:33pm UTC)
Yes it can break the tcase/tranny because the stock motor mounts are to soft and they flex and the solid crossmember doesn't allow the tcase/tranny to move. I bought a set of motor mounts from rockstomper after going to a tcase crossmember like yours. $75 for the pair and like Hengl said thats cheaper than stock. Only issue is I get more vibrations at idle. I like it now because the motor/tcase/tranny don't move at all very solid!

1983 Toyota, tube bed, dual cases with 4.7, linked f/r with 16" fox coilovers, arb dana 44 front, welded 12 bolt rear, 39" Krawlers, 115" wheelbase
btilton
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

el perezoso

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (28th Apr 09 at 8:07pm UTC)
cole and scott. if you need a bender hit me up. you guys can always come over on the weekends and ill help you bend up stuff.

TILTON BROTHERS CUSTOM CABINETS
(916) 704-5446

Who?

"I SHOULD HAVE WENT TO WYOTECH AND BEEN FAMOUS...INSTEAD I WENT TO PICK AND PULL AND LEARNED SPANGLISH" J HENGL
yeagley
Re: Coles 4runner (29th Apr 09 at 5:41pm UTC)

cole. if you need a bender hit me up. you can always come over on the weekends and ill help you bend up stuff.

Word, I dont need anything crazy. I just need something to protect me and my old lady, mayby the back seat too. How much are you guys getting 1.75" DOM for?
kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Coles 4runner (29th Apr 09 at 5:53pm UTC)
Posted By yeagley on 29th Apr 09 at 10:41am

Word, I dont need anything crazy. I just need something to protect me and my old lady, mayby the back seat too. How much are you guys getting 1.75" DOM for?

one arm and your big toe :laugh: i just got 90 feet for $220.00 but we ordered it for ten people so not really sure :hengl:

Rigless but I do have a 63 caddy now!
Trying to find a rig asap is in the works

tellico post #208
 Printable View
Page: « 3 4 5 6