ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Tech Talk :: NEED 22RE HELP - View Topic (Page 2 of 2)Page: 1 2
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
fuzzyz
Official Zombie Supporter

[Avatar]

Dont blame me I voted Republican!

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 4:44pm UTC)
time to pull it back apart and make sure your not off a tooth or two on the chain and to make sure that your distributer is in the corect position! thats what it sounds like to me anyway!
OVkid
Wheeler

[Avatar]

1989 XJ 6.5" lift Long Arms. 4.56 Gears. 36's

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 6:59pm UTC)
Moyer21- Get yourself a good manual with pitures of what we're talking about. It sounds to me like you dont quit understand what we're saying about the distributor rotor being 180 degrees off. In all the toyotas I've seen thats the most common cause of what your dealing with. If that doesnt do it I'd say pull your valve cover and timing chain cover off and make sure that chain is in the right place at the crank and cam. Thats important and can deffinatly cause your problem.

The scars on my knuckles match the scuffs on my cowboy boots
OVkid
Wheeler

[Avatar]

1989 XJ 6.5" lift Long Arms. 4.56 Gears. 36's

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 7:00pm UTC)
I sure hope I figure out my problem today. Seeing how my post turned into a discussion about Moyer21's truck.haha

The scars on my knuckles match the scuffs on my cowboy boots
DAN FRAN SISCO

[Avatar]

have you seen my baeball?

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 7:31pm UTC)
x 2 if you have spark than its timing. You said you had fuel right?

My mommy said I was special!
WagBag

[Avatar]

Me Gusta Fiesta!

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (5th Jan 10 at 1:58am UTC)
There is also a terminal to the left of the engine compartment you have to jump with a wire to get true timing. The sticker on the hood should show you which one.

1984 Toyota
DAN FRAN SISCO

[Avatar]

have you seen my baeball?

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (5th Jan 10 at 2:38am UTC)

There is also a terminal to the left of the engine compartment you have to jump with a wire to get true timing. The sticker on the hood should show you which one.

But that terminal means nothing untill he is in time.

Spencer pull the distributer out toss it on the ground. Put the engine on tdc # 1. While the distributer is on the ground put the cap on it and mark the distributer were the rotor would be pointing at tdc # 1 then put the thing back in the engine with the rotor pointing at your mark. Then you know you are good. When you role to tdc make sure you are on your mark on the pulley and the # 1 int and exh valve are bothe loose.

My mommy said I was special!
moyer21

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (5th Jan 10 at 8:09pm UTC)
i pulled the distributor yesterday and lined up the rotor with number on the cap. still no good. im gonna have to wait till this weekend and check all the timing and dig back into it

i works in jets for a living but this truck kicks my ass
bkizzle

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (5th Jan 10 at 8:16pm UTC)
you can put the distributor in at 90 degree increments to tdc #1 as long as you change the wire placement.....each will give you a little bit different adjustment range, even a tooth off maxed out one way will usually get you close.... Timing is not the issue when I looked at it, I fear you have multiple issues with this thing, after I fixed his exhaust leak since o2 sensors are at the egr on later models and not in the manifold they need good exhaust pressure to read correctly, after that when cold the thing ran normal as soon as the cold start cycle closed the thing fell on its face which leads me to a fuel issue or lots of water in the cylinders also major vacuum leaks especially in the intake tube can cause that also, I haven't looked at it since his second head gasket change but fear this thing is toast

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

bkizzle

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (5th Jan 10 at 8:18pm UTC)
I will try and make it by sometime today give me a call and let me know when your home

bkizzle

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (5th Jan 10 at 8:19pm UTC)

plugged it is usually advanced a couple degrees it wont cause a way off problem, plus a few more degrees advance will only cause the thing to feel like it runs better smoother and torquier(if thats a word...lol)

Printable View
Page: 1 2