ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Tech Talk :: NEED 22RE HELP - View Topic (Page 1 of 2)Page: 1 2
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
OVkid
Wheeler

[Avatar]

1989 XJ 6.5" lift Long Arms. 4.56 Gears. 36's

pm

NEED 22RE HELP (2nd Jan 10 at 7:05pm UTC)
Ok, I took apart my motor when the head gasket went out on me. Then I got it all back together and I still had water and oil mixing. So, I took it all back apart re did it. Now its back together and running but not well. Maybe timing, maybe valves? I dont know. Also, I put new oil in it but I dodnt drop the pan and clean it out first. I pulled the dipstick a couple minuets ago and the oil is completly white and disgusting looking again, but I pulled the oil cap and their isnt any foam under it. Would the left over oil residue in the pan be enough to make all that new oil turn white and gross? Or do I still ahve water and oil mixing? I have filled up the radiator twice and I pulled the cap and it looks dry again. How much water does the motor hold? Is the water just filling up the dry water passages and leaving the radiator dry so I need to fill it back up or does that mean my water and oil are mixing?

Thanks in advance for any advice and if anyone is willing to come over and look at it and help me that would be awesome. I live in orangevale near greenback and kenneth.

The scars on my knuckles match the scuffs on my cowboy boots
WagBag
Official Zombie Supporter

[Avatar]

Me Gusta Fiesta!

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (3rd Jan 10 at 4:17pm UTC)
did you have the head machined after the head gasket went out?

1984 Toyota
moyer21

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (3rd Jan 10 at 8:59pm UTC)
im in the middle of putting my 22re back together after i blew a head gasket as well. im not having the mixing problem but my truck wont start now. it turns over and cranks but wont actually start. i have no clue what it might be any advice would help. and for the original post did you check to see if maybe the head was cracked at all anywhere?

i works in jets for a living but this truck kicks my ass
T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (3rd Jan 10 at 9:42pm UTC)
Toyota.

Thats the problem. {Tongue Out}

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

OVkid
Wheeler

[Avatar]

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (3rd Jan 10 at 11:35pm UTC)
C.J.- I took my head over to Bud in Orangevale and it turned out it was no good so I bought a re-manufactured head off of him so my head shouldnt be the problem.

Moyer21- I guess ing your problem is timing. Are you sure you got the timing chain on correctly? That is realy important. If so, double check your distributer. Their is a good chance your distributor is 180 degrees off of where it should be. Move your distributer around 180 degrees and see if she starts.

OVkid
Wheeler

[Avatar]

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (3rd Jan 10 at 11:36pm UTC)
So I think my oil is all white again just because I havnt dropped the oil pan or changed the filter yet so it just got contaminated by stuff that was already in there. I'm thinking my problem is valves but I'm not sure. If anyone knows anything about these 22re motors and is willing to come over and listen to it that would be great.

rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 12:14am UTC)
Go to Kragen and buy a oil pan gasket, 10 quarts of cheap ass oil, and two filters. Drop your pan, clean it out real well, reinstall the pan. Change the filter and fill it up with 5 quarts of cheap oil. Run it for 15-30 minutes and see how the oil looks. If it looks real milky drain and repeat. If not to bad drain and repeat but run that oil for a couple of days (keep an eye on the color) then drain and put good shit in it. If the second go round is still real milky start looking for another problem elsewhere.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 12:16am UTC)

Toyota.

Thats the problem. {Tongue Out}

Hey now! Atleast they did not circle the problem right from the factory like Ford did! {Tongue Out} {Grin}

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 12:19am UTC)

im in the middle of putting my 22re back together after i blew a head gasket as well. im not having the mixing problem but my truck wont start now. it turns over and cranks but wont actually start. i have no clue what it might be any advice would help. and for the original post did you check to see if maybe the head was cracked at all anywhere?

Check for vacuum leaks, and make sure you have all the electrical plugs hooked up.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
moyer21

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 12:26am UTC)
i looked at the distributor and its the only way it can go its got a single bolt holding it in on the outside. im just really at a loss of what the problem is

moyer21

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 12:28am UTC)
all connectors that were hooked up prior to tear down are reinstalled. and i cant actually get the truck to start to check for vacuum leaks

DAN FRAN SISCO
Official Zombie Supporter

[Avatar]

have you seen my baeball?

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 12:45am UTC)
Pull number one spark plug wire stick a screw driver in the plug wire boot hold the platic handle of the screw driver and hold the shaft part of the screw driver next to the the powersteering pump bracket crank the engine. If you see spark make sure timing is good and verify your fuel system is hooked up correctly. All you need is fuel spark and air. I asume your mas air folw is plugged in and ducting is hooked up.

My mommy said I was special!
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 1:03am UTC)

i looked at the distributor and its the only way it can go its got a single bolt holding it in on the outside. im just really at a loss of what the problem is

180 out on the distributer does not mean the physical "case" of the dist. is 180 out, the rotor inside is 180 out. Pull the cap off and you will see the rotor! {Wink}

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
moyer21

pm

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 1:35am UTC)
so its getting spark, fuel and air. but still nothing i took the distributor and rotated while trying to crank it and no change. when i took the head off i put zip ties around the timing chain and sprocket so i dont really think that the timing is really off. i charged the battery as well so its fresh while trying to crank so i have no idea

rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: NEED 22RE HELP (4th Jan 10 at 5:04am UTC)
Make surew your timing is all correct I bet that is your problem.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
 Printable View
Page: 1 2