ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: My build. 83 Toy. - View Topic (Page 3 of 3)Page: 1 2 3
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:51pm UTC)
got rained out today so I decided to head over to Prairy City and do a little testing. Everything worked out good. I think I could get a little more out of the rear if I moved the shackle hanger forward about a 1/4" to maybe 1/2". The tires were stuffin and I had just a little tiny fender rubbadge on the front fender's. I think I might be able to get away with just trimming and NO tubbing. My buddy that went with me brought his camera and got some pics and some video but I have not got any of them from him.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:51pm UTC)
Well I wanted to find a way to store the spare tire with out loosing bed space and not blocking my rearview mirror. The way I did it leaves enough room for my battery's in the back on the bed floor up at the front in the corner's of the bed. All my gear like tent's sleeping bag's, chair's, table, thing's of the sort will fit on the rack. My shovel and jack mount on the rack itself. The ice chest and bin that we carry all our junk in will sit on the bed floor behind the rack. I still need to mount a few thing's like the shovel, my spare rear drive line, my axe and maybe a few other thing's. I have the thought's in my head of how I am gonna do it I just need to get around to doing it. I am also going to rig up some chain to lock the high lift into place. The way I will do it will not allow the jack to be moved from where it mount's thus also locking the spare tire in place. What do yall think?

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:52pm UTC)
Well I finally got the pic's from my buddy when we went to Pretty Shitty (praire city). I have more but the dial up was pissin me off. It took me 30 min just to upload the one pic I am going to post and it did not even load all the way. So I will post a couple more soon.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:53pm UTC)
Here is another.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:54pm UTC)
After a paint job.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:54pm UTC)
I hate full door's so I got started hackin them up. One door is almost done, I need to get a few small thing's to make the cup holder's and weld in the final cap piece and it will be done. I have a question for you Robert (and who ever else knows stereo crap). If I fill the doors with that spray foam filler will it be to dense, and make the door speaker sound like shit? Do I need to leave a hollow spot behind the speaker to act as a "box"?
Here is a picture of the progress I have made. I have another picture but the dial up was pissin me off so 1 is all you get for now. {Shocked}

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:55pm UTC)

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

I got me some new seat's! I finally bought me some new seat's, I was so sick of sitting on old beat to shit feel the spring's poking my ass and back pile's of shit. They sre some leather racing seat's from Kragen. They were on sale for $250 for the pair and I got a 10% good customer discount on top of that. They sre black bucket seat's that are pretty comfy. The came with the slide mounting rails and recline. They have the slot's for harnesses as well. I figured for $250 I could not go wrong.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Well this week I have been working on the rig to get it ready for the upcoming trip. I got my new seat's in and mounted good. They are some pretty deep bucket's that dont allow much room for sliding out of them. I think they will keep me put pretty darn well.
I also got my cage back in. I decided that since I had no seat's in it I mind as well get the cage in.
Don came over and helped me adjust the rear break's so they are working properly now. Also in turn of that we adjusted the E-brake and got it working good also. No more finding a big rock to hold the truck.
The little oil leak that I had on the front crank seal turned into a big leak on the last trip. So I fixed that as well, now I have no oil leak's either. I am very happy about this.
Last but not least, I took the rig in to a buddy of mine who has an exhaust shop and had him redo it for me. He redid from the header back. He put in a new cat, used Flowmaster muffler, and new pipeing all the way back to a dump just after the rear axle. He kept it tucked up nice and tight and it look's good. Hopefully tomarrow I wil fix the leaks at the header/head and have a kick ass no leaking at all system.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:56pm UTC)
Here are some of the most reent pic's of the rig.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:56pm UTC)
Well I decided to build me some hybrid front sping pack's. I have wanted to try stock Toyota rear main's on top of the 44044 pack but did not have a spare set of 44044's. When I saw that Marty replaced his front spring's I gave him a call. I was hoping that his old spring's were 44044's but they were not. He had Marlin 4" spring's. He gave them to me for a good price, thank you again Marty. O.K. now on to the good part, I had some stock Toyota rear's laying around so I used the main leave and the second one from the top with the military wrap. I removed the top two from the Marlin spring's and put the Toy's in place of them. Once I got them mounted in under the rig I was happy with the end result. I ended up dropping the front of the truck 1" wich I am happy about and moved my front axle forward another 1.5" for a total of 4.5" over stock. My wheel base is now 105.5" I took the truck to a loading dock and twisted it up, there was also a 3' man hole cone there that I pulled up on top off. The spring's seem to be working pretty dam good but we will have to wait and see how they do on the trail.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:57pm UTC)
Some new rubber for the rig. Got me some 16x38.5x15 Super Swamper TSL's.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:57pm UTC)
Here is a pic of the Hybrid spring's against the 44044 for comparison. The front spring iss the 44044 and the back is the hybrid. The front bushing's are lined up in the picture. Although the hybrid sit's higher it actually lowered the truck.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:58pm UTC)
Most recent picture's of the truck with the new tire's and the hybrid spring's going to work. I need to trim the front fender's a little to clear the tires, but the kicker is I need to trim the FRONT of the fender's not the back. 8) Sorry for the poor quality it is from the camera phone.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
 Printable View
Page: 1 2 3