ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: My build. 83 Toy. - View Topic (Page 2 of 3)Page: 1 2 3
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:39pm UTC)
so I just read it all and answered my own question.....lol

Big fish in an even bigger pond
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:40pm UTC)
Well I (actually we) made some progress tonight. We got the truck into the garage and got the bed pulled off. Eliot was here helpin me out but the bed was still an awkward lift with just the two of us. We started wire wheeling the frame to clean it up and also getting rid of some of the junk we are cutting off. Hopefully Eliot will chime in with the pic's, he had his camera and took a few picture's. Also, Eliot I found a rebuild kit from http://www.engnbldr.com for $253 or somthing like that. I can add a cam for about $90, I am thinking about going that route but not sure yet.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:40pm UTC)
I made a gallery for your photos on my site:
http://www.dnxhosting.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=9

Here's pics from yesterday:

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:41pm UTC)
Well the rear is dam near done. All I have left to do is get the spring's to compress flat (trust me this is harder than it sound's) so that I can set up my bump stop's and my shock tower. As soon as I get these two thing's done the rear suspension will be completly done. I would have some pics except some one has it and they went wheelin this weekend, however I wont mention any names... ELIOT.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:41pm UTC)
More pics, gallery updated if you want full size pics,

http://www.dnxhosting.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=9

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:42pm UTC)
Well I got the intire front end pulled out tonight. The front axle all the steering, spring's, shocks and all. I am hoping tomarrow to get the frame all cleaned up the steering box itself off and out of the way. I would also like to get the stock shock towers cut off and ground down. I need to make my front spring hanger still also, hopfully I can get around to that tomarrow also. My goal is to have the rig sitting on the new front suspension and axle by the end of the weekend. If I can get that done then I can move it around again and focus on getting the steering box mocked up, drill the mount's and make my reinforcement plates. Then it will be time to move on to the interior for a short time.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:43pm UTC)
Well I got the front spring hanger done and in. The 44044 front's are in place with the lift shackle's and my front axle that I have all gusseted and what not is in also. Tomarrow I will pull the steering box and get working on the IFS box and bracing for the X-over that I have on my good axle. I was able to push my front axle foward 3 inches hoping that I will have to only tub minimal amount of mateiral from the fender well. Stock wheel base for a short bed is 101" ( I have a stock short bed on the drivway, makes it easy to measure) and mine measure's 104".

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:43pm UTC)
Well it is coming along nicely. I have been working on it almost every night, I have been doing a bunch of little shit lately but today Eliot and my buddy Rick helped me pull the tranny and t-case. We fought that bitch for about an hour before we relized that Eliot put the nut for the starter back on to the stud and we were fighting the dam dust shield thing. You should see that SOB now it's bent to shit. We definatly got a hell of a laugh out of it after the fact.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:44pm UTC)
Well here is an updated pic of the truck. I went and picked up my new tire's today, they look bad ass on the truck. 8)

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:44pm UTC)
Couple more pics:

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:45pm UTC)
Well I got the brakes bled today and took her for a test drive. It was running like shit due to all the getto fabulos exhaust system. Hope to get it better dialed in soon. I discoverd that the master cylnder is bad so I will need to replace that. Here is a pic of it on the drive way to prove it left the garage.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:47pm UTC)
Another pic

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:47pm UTC)
Well my 30 spline Bobby Long's will be here on Monday. I dropped off my front D-line today to Gary, it should be done by Friday. My buddy has an extra 1" bore master cylnder so since mine is shot I will get that one from him and improve my braking at the same time. I have a few other small thing's that I need to do like the speedo cable, accelerator pump and finish painting it. I am hoping to sneak over to Pretty Shitty (aka praire city) for a half ass shake down run somtime next week and was thinking about trying to do a day trip snow run on next Sat. (day before X-mas eve day). Anyone down if I get it all wrapped up?

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:50pm UTC)
Well my Long's got here on Friday. I even got a cool little birfield shift knob for free. I replaced the accelerater pump but it did not solve the problem. I think I am just going to rebuild the whole carb. However this project is going on the back burner for a short time since I blew the head gasket in my DD. I need to get it fixed before I go spending time on the rig. Hopfully it wont get put off for more than a week or so.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:50pm UTC)
Well I got half a day of yesterday so I got my 30 splines in. I also fixed my hesitation problem. I spayed the carb with some cleaner, it did not work so I got all pissed and rev'd the shit out of it trying to blow it up... and it fixed it. I drove it from Galt to Downtown Sac. yesterday and it seemed to do ok down the highway. I was cruising right about 60-65, I dont think I could cruise to much faster but it felt pretty good. It goes down the road pretty well but still dont stop all that great. When I can afford it I will order the larger vented rotor's, I already have the larger Master and bigger calipers. Hopefully that will stop the pig a little better. I also need to find some oil leak's. The guy I bought the engine from said he fixed the only leak, just never cleaned it, BULLSHIT. O'well it seems to be ok for now.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
 Printable View
Page: 1 2 3