ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: My build. 83 Toy. - View Topic (Page 1 of 3)Page: 1 2 3
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:34pm UTC)
Well it was said in another thread that the CREEPERS knew Toy's so I figured I would post my build here as well. It was done last year just posting it here for others to see and to spread some Toyota knowledge. I copied and pasted from our web site so there might be some refrences to what others posted.

Well I have decided to move on from my old rig, mainly becase I wanted a streetable rig. My old ride was green sticker and I lost my trailer so it was spend $1700 on a new trailer or just build a new ride that is street legal. Well I decided to go with option B. They are some thing's on the old rig that looking back now I wish I did different, so here is my chance. Here is a pic of the old ride before I started to tear it down. Well I already pulled the hood. :-D

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:34pm UTC)
After day one. Wait till you see the other side of the garage. :? It look's like a freakin bomb went off.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:35pm UTC)
Remember the bomb I was talking about?

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Here is the new ride. Aint she pretty all small and stock? :twisted: :twisted:

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

For the most part it will stay the same set up. I am gonna keep the 44044's and Chevy's for spring's. I am most likley going to lower it a tad bit, get rid of the 38.5's and beadlock's, and I am gonna keep the stock bed. I will probally end up running a 37" Toyo or MTR. I have also considerd running 35's. If I do then that will bring the BFG MT's in as an option also. I hope that after I lower it that my Bilstien's and Rancho 9000's that I just bought last year wont be to long. I am also hopeing to generate enough money from the sale of the part's I am not going to use to get the 30 spline Long's. I am debating on a couple of different thing's right now, maybe yall can help influence. I am debating on bobbing the bed, I am debating on keeping or selling the beadlocks, and last but not least the 35" or 37" tire choice. Right now The old truck is gone, all I have is a pile of part's. The engine is on a stand, and I am trying to get the smog garbage on before dropping the engine in. My plan is to get an engine in, smog it then pull the engine back out. At that point I will pull the cab, bed and all drive train.I will do a frame off type deal. Get it all cleaned up, bracketry welded on then I am thinking of DIY bedliner on the frame. I am gonna take my time with this one and do it right. I will keep yall updated on the build as I progress. It will probally be a little slow but we will see. Sorry for the long read.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:36pm UTC)
Well here is a little update. The old truck is almost gone. The only thing left to sell from it now is the engine. A guy just came and picked up the cab and 1/2 doors for $300. I bought another truck, it's an 81. It is complete and runs pretty dam strong. The bed on it is probally a little cleaner, so I will probally swap it to the white truck. I am going to swap the engine from the '81 into the '83 along with the bed and part out the rest of the '81. I am going to try to get the engine swapped this week, possibly tomarrow, if I can get all my duck's in a row. I'll post up again when I make progress.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Here is another update. I went over to Eliot's house the other night and barrowed his cherry picker. I started working on getting the engine out tonight and already ran into a few prob's. I think they are going to be easy to work out but we will see. The wiring harnesses are different, The '83 does not have the same plug's as the '81. Some are the same but not all. I am considering swaping the wiring harness's as well but I am not sure if there is a better way yet. The only prob I have with that is I have an SR5 gage cluster in the '83 and would like to maintain the Tach. as I have never had a tack in a Toy. Now, the donor rig has a tach as well, but it does not work. If it is somthing simple and the plug's are the same I could just put the newer style cluster with the older wiring. What do yall think?

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

so is the chassis going up for sale? I might know a guy who would be interested??

Big fish in an even bigger pond
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Well if it aint one thing it's another. I tried to pull the engine last night and it wont budge. Some how or another it is stuck{Confused} ? I dont know what the deal is but I know that it is pissing me the fu#k off. I am not sure what I am going to do about it yet.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:37pm UTC)
We actually got it out today. It took 3 of us though. What happend is the pilot bearing was stuck on the input shaft pretty good so we were fighting that the whole way. Nothing like tring to pull out a pressed bearing with the engine huh.

Here is the update part now. Got the donor engine out cleaned up and ready to go. We pulled the wiring harness out of the 83 degreased and cleaned up the engine bay. If I dont go wake boarding tomarrow, a fresh coat of paint will be applied so she will look top notch. We also got the tranny, T-case, and drive lines pulled out of the donor truck. I am gonna keep the tranny out of it because it was recently rebuilt. So I am gonna sell my old tranny and the T-case out of the donor. Hopefully I will get the engine in soon.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

UPDATE: Well I really got the itch to get it together quicker now. I went to DMV the other day and got a temp reg. for the new truck and juck title's for the other two. I have the harness's pulled and hope to get them swapped out Mon. or Tue. then get the engine in the following day. After that it will be back to a slower pace. I need to pull the cab, bed, and axle's out of the 81 and get rid of them. As soon as that stuff is gone and I can get the 83 into the garage the cutting welding and building will comence.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Well I got the engine in the other night, hope to have it hooked up and running this week. I still have to pull the harness out of the truck and put the new one in. As soon as I get the new harness in It will all be easy plug and play stuff.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:38pm UTC)
Well I got the old dash out and the old wiring harness out. I got the new harness in and got it pulled through into the engine bay. I have not got anything plugged in yet but hopefully tomarrow it will be running.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:38pm UTC)
Well thank's to Eliot who has been over here helping me and putting some drive back into my project, she is almost running. I got the engine all hooked up exept the radiator. I am waiting on trying to find a three row crank puly for the power steering before I put the radiator in. I got all the loose end's tied up the drive line on, all the brakes hooked up and the dash in. All I have to do now is hook up about an hour of plug's and dash panels, you know like gauge cluster, heater control thing's of the sort. I also have to bleed the clutch and brakes. Hope to get it smogged some time this week. As soon as I do that and get rid of the red truck the "real" build will comence. I cant wait to get to that part. I hate this engine, wiring, dash garbage, I want to cut, bend, weld and destroy what I dont want. Anyhow big fat and a side of for Eliot for his help in the project so far.

Kevin

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: My build. 83 Toy. (30th Mar 08 at 11:39pm UTC)
SHE'S ALIVE, SHE'S ALIVE. Yes you heard it right, she is alive. I got her running tonight with the help of my buddy Rick, and of course I had a "tech on the line" thank's to Don (nor-cal vegtable) he was on the nextel trouble shooting with us. I have a few more thing's, like actually set the timing, hook up the 02 sensor but she is running. Oh man it's time for a ice cold :kranker:

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
 Printable View
Page: 1 2 3