ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: Ol' Rusty Hauler - View Topic (Page 2 of 2)Page: 1 2
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
bkizzle
Official Zombie Supporter

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (7th Jun 09 at 8:51pm UTC)
painted wired and ready to go pick up the wood for it {Grin} the taillights on the back are temporary I havent cut the holes for the flush mounted ones yet.... still need to put the wood on, get 8 feet more wire for the trailer brakes since I didnt order enough came about a foot short of going across to the other brake I was a little pissed....build wheel wells and ramps, mount the jack and need to buy a tool box, a harbor freight winch and fairlead on the cheap for the tongue, going to get the wood in a few hrs after I mount the tires.... here are pics

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

bigbadjeepster
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

how about a warm glass of shut the hell up?!

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (8th Jun 09 at 12:49am UTC)
looks good. Why brakes on only one axle?

cheeks
69 commando with some goodies
70 commando with more goodies
bkizzle

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (8th Jun 09 at 4:50am UTC)
it only had brakes on one when I bought it when I get a little extra cash Im gonna freshn up the pair I have and add them to the other axle also, they work but I disconnected them when I went thru them and the wheel bearings today one of the springs on the driver side brake broke......

pulled it around a little today and picked up wood and some stain for the wood, it pulls perfect it feels lighter than it use to, it might be because I moved one of the mounts because it was off too so it tracks better the tires dont kick in anymore since I put the bow back in the axles (when the guy narrowed them he welded them together straight) and the fact that I cut a shit ton of junk un-needed metal out of it.... and its way stronger than it use to be {Grin} the deck is 82" now and I put the 4 inches back in the axles the guy cut out it is 1 inch under max legal width on the tires..... Im super happy with the way it pulls cant wait to get all the finishing touches on it done!!! :kranker:

BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (11th Jun 09 at 4:13am UTC)
Yep your welcome for the 8" of axle bar (2- 4" pieces actually) and all the great do and dont's since my trailer was built first.... {Grin} oh yeah and thanks for helping me with the wood deck by that time I was running low on energy..... Smiley :thumbsup:

oh one more thing your trailer looks killer......like mine only a little smaller {Rolleyes}

Big fish in an even bigger pond
bkizzle

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (11th Jun 09 at 5:12am UTC)

Yep your welcome for the 8" of axle bar (2- 4" pieces actually) and all the great do and dont's since my trailer was built first.... {Grin} oh yeah and thanks for helping me with the wood deck by that time I was running low on energy..... Smiley :thumbsup:

oh one more thing your trailer looks killer......like mine only a little smaller {Rolleyes}

Its no 8 in channel :boobs: but it'll do... Thanks for the axle chunks and you welcome for the help with the deck :booze: But next time new metal! too much damn work cleaning up others junk Smiley

I got the deck done today :thumbsup: here are pics

bigbadjeepster
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (11th Jun 09 at 5:14am UTC)
looks like new! :thumbsup:

cheeks
BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (11th Jun 09 at 1:25pm UTC)
Killer! :thumbsup: Other than the size of the channel it looks damn familiar, Nice Job!! I should take some pics of mine too.......I geuss I will just do a build thread on the jeep chassis..... Smiley

Big fish in an even bigger pond
bkizzle

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (11th Jun 09 at 4:02pm UTC)
Thanks! I got what I wanted a multi purpose flat bed trailer instead of an ugly ass car hauler only... did what I need to do for my use.... stretched the tounge to fit a box up front moved the jack so I can open the tailgate when the trailer is hooked up and lowered it a couple inches even though I wish it was still a few more inches lower.... best part is its now wide enough to where my truck just barely fits without the tires hanging over the sides now!!! Im still gonna add a few more d rings and stake holes on the sides possibly a step on each side in front of the tires too when I do the wheel wells, so it still has a few things to be done but I finally feel accomplished on the thing, time to work on the rig now Smiley I cant decide what to do with the wheel wells thinking of a tube frame and cover it in sheetmetal or pie cutting some angle iron to bend to the shape I want to make a frame, something that can be driven on so when I go full width I dont kill the fenders

bkizzle

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (12th Jun 09 at 10:43pm UTC)
sealer works good :thumbsup:

bigbadjeepster
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (13th Jun 09 at 6:39pm UTC)
I need to do that to my trailer. What brand sealer is that? Do you spray it on?

cheeks
bkizzle

pm

Re: Ol' Rusty Hauler (13th Jun 09 at 11:27pm UTC)
Olympic from Lowes PPG makes it, The old man at the trailer supply recommended it, Rob put boiled lin seed oil on his I like the way his turned out too.... I used a foam roller and just rolled it on did all sides before putting the deck on, I got a cedar tone sealer it comes in that clear or redwood color

Printable View
Page: 1 2