ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: The $ 500 Red Rider - View Topic (Page 4 of 5)Page: « 2 3 4 5
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: The 0 Red Rider (5th Feb 09 at 10:49pm UTC)
Posted By yeagley on 5th Feb 09 at 11:39am

With all this cool shit you just bought you better walk little sluce. Now that you have gears you get to learn how to really 4wheel, not just jump shit. Not saying that is bad, its just a complete different feeling. You will be ready for the summer. I'll make sure of it. We need to get you on the trail more than the 4 times you were there last year. You need to see what Fordyce is all about. I say you have winch hill 3 if you loose the sheet metal behind the rear wheel and fawkin get it.

You boys need to see what the Hammers are all about! I would love to see your faces on the trail "Full of Hate" :scared:

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

bkizzle
Official Zombie Supporter

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (5th Feb 09 at 11:33pm UTC)
hate we got nothing but love....lol I wanna go to the hammers but I just sold my diesel and Cole now has my turd trailer to fix up so I wont be going anytime soon unless Smathers wants to borrow daddys truck and trailer and pull me down there!!! Give me a couple years to get my house and school done with and I'll go get a new tow rig and trailer and I'll be down there for sure!!

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: The 0 Red Rider (5th Feb 09 at 11:42pm UTC)
Ha ha a couple years!! it wont be there much longer {Cry}

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

bkizzle

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (16th Feb 09 at 11:13pm UTC)
Gears, Lockers, ARP Knuckle and Hub Studs, and Longfield 30 splines are in..........next we trim some of that metal off the back a good 12 inches in and 12 inches narrower should do!!! :kranker: :kranker: oh yeah hydro assist is a definate need now with the lock right up front...

BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (16th Feb 09 at 11:40pm UTC)

Ha ha a couple years!! it wont be there much longer {Cry}
Damn it!! Thats not very positive thinking now is it?!! Besides it will BE there it just might not be usable to the public..... damn it.... stupid goverment.... :jerk you:

Big fish in an even bigger pond
mikeb
Zombie Member

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (17th Feb 09 at 12:06am UTC)

hate we got nothing but love....lol

Good Cuz I think Full of Love Looks like a harder trail {Grin}

God gave me a superior brain over the rest of the animals, so I could exploit the planet.
matt
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (17th Feb 09 at 5:47pm UTC)
I'm like hengl back when I had toyota axles with 5.29's duel cases and a lock rite up front rolling on 35's I broke 8 stock birfields! Hope you have bette luck with the 30 spline shafts!

1983 Toyota, tube bed, dual cases with 4.7, linked f/r with 16" fox coilovers, arb dana 44 front, welded 12 bolt rear, 39" Krawlers, 115" wheelbase
yeagley
Re: The 0 Red Rider (17th Feb 09 at 7:58pm UTC)

I'm like hengl back when I had toyota axles with 5.29's duel cases and a lock rite up front rolling on 35's I broke 8 stock birfields! Hope you have bette luck with the 30 spline shafts!
I think you broke a birf on my first trip to the Con, back in the day when Tilton and I threw a motor in his Jeep and smashed up for carnage on the con.......Good times. Longfields are the shit. I broke 4 stock birfs the first half of last season. Now with longs I dont have to worry. I try to blow them up, but nothing so far.
bkizzle

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (17th Feb 09 at 9:41pm UTC)
30 spline longs are stronger than a factory D60 shafts by a bit and over twice as strong as a stock birfield Im not to concerned about the front its the rear shafts with the 38's that concern me, 30 spline longs take 9000 ft lbs of torque at full turn and its the inner short bar that usually fails not the birf a stocker looses a birf at 4200 ft lbs a D44 only takes 5000 ft lbs before snapping, a D60 shaft not including the u joint cause it would blow up sooner goes at 8200ft lbs, Longfields D60 CV's are the shit they cant give a number because at 16,000 ft lbs the table of the machine itself started to flex so they actually havent even broken one yet Smiley Smiley but there a 2000 dollar price tag for those shafts for your 60 ouch!!! but you can be cool and have CV's like us yota guys and say goodbye to lame u joints plus the D60 CV's turn 45 degrees, the stock rears of a yota take 6200 ft lbs and the chromo's only do 7400 ft lbs and have more problems bending do to the torsional load of the semi float design, so Im sticking with stock for now and carrying extra's, thats why my next mod is a full floater kit and chromo shafts once Im full floater I dont have to worry about big tires and weight bending my rear shafts, and I can also order some 300m shafts and never worry!!!

T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: The 0 Red Rider (18th Feb 09 at 1:54am UTC)
Or just get some 60's and be done {Wink}

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

jeremyhengl
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Actual Wheeler

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (18th Feb 09 at 2:42am UTC)

x2 :thumbsup:

Many thanks to all my sponsors and Pit crew ,
Yukon Gear and Axle
Wrap Concept
Bilstien
Bull Dog Winches
G & M construction
Greenside landscape
Susanville Trans.
Rock Zombies crew friends and family
BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (18th Feb 09 at 2:51am UTC)

x2 :thumbsup:
x's 3 :thumbsup:

Big fish in an even bigger pond
bkizzle

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (18th Feb 09 at 6:55am UTC)
toyota haters...lol the funny thing is if I could start over I probably would have bought 60's, or I would have ordered bare tube 9 inch housings and cut them where I wanted and thrown 60 knuckes on but.....I dont know I like toyota shit cant explain it, and you buy this buy that piece by piece and then you realize fuck I could have bought a 60 or built a custom 9in for that....but oh well, Im not that deep I guess Im just over 2k into both axles so Im not crying yet

jeremyhengl
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Actual Wheeler

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (18th Feb 09 at 3:14pm UTC)
hey i'm runnin a Toyota too the longs are bad ass , i 'remember before those came out you couldn't give those axles away , now there dam near indestructable , but i must say i paid 100 for my front 60 and 25 for the rear 70 {Grin} you gotta find the rite people that have no fucken clue what they are lookin at {Grin}

Many thanks to all my sponsors and Pit crew ,
Yukon Gear and Axle
Wrap Concept
Bilstien
Bull Dog Winches
G & M construction
Greenside landscape
Susanville Trans.
Rock Zombies crew friends and family
bkizzle

pm

Re: The 0 Red Rider (18th Feb 09 at 3:46pm UTC)
I see a lot of people going back to yota axles to build driver/wheelers now......yeah and a yota front use to sell for 150 now there 350 400 used in decent shape stock

Printable View
Page: « 2 3 4 5