ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: Hogans Rubicon from the begining - View Topic (Page 3 of 3)Page: 1 2 3
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
HOGAN
Official Zombie Supporter

[Avatar]

Black Jeep Metal Mafia Member

pm

Re: Hogans Rubicon from the begining (5th Oct 10 at 1:46am UTC)
ok, update! I aquired another 14 bolt that is 100% complete and staying that way until its under the jeep. I just got all of the shock mounts and spring perches cut off, powder coated a set of hubs that will be getting disc's and also just got a set of 8 lug wheels. I already have the rear links from a LJ that will take my wheelbase 10 inches longer. I'll post up some pics later tonight but I'm hoping to get the ball rolling on this pretty damn soon, more details on that to follow as well.....

Little 04 Rubicon, 5.13 gears, Home brew Highline on 36's Beat to hell and almost paid off... Happiness is Rock Crawling in your "Daily Driver"..... kinda.

Tellico Rally Post #555

Sponsored by HENGL
Team HENGL your face!
HOGAN

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Hogans Rubicon from the begining (5th Oct 10 at 5:43am UTC)
So here is the new rear axle, I still need to finish grind the spring perches and shock mounts followed by the wire wheel. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend.

Here are the powder coated hubs. As soon as I can I'll fit them up with some discs and new wheels studs.

And the new wheels. These will be getting fitted up with some Ruff Stuff rings. I'll also be getting the disc brake brackets from them as well as some other things {Smile}

So as of now I'm almost ready to get the rear axle swapped. Once the rear is at least in and rolling then I'll start looking for a front 60. So my goal for now is to get this thing sitting as a roller with the new axles, then from there I can build up the axles, get driveshafts and full hydro steering. I keep my progress updated, like I said I'm hoping to get the ball rolling really soon!

Little 04 Rubicon, 5.13 gears, Home brew Highline on 36's Beat to hell and almost paid off... Happiness is Rock Crawling in your "Daily Driver"..... kinda.

Tellico Rally Post #555

Sponsored by HENGL
Team HENGL your face!
HOGAN

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Hogans Rubicon from the begining (8th Oct 10 at 8:05pm UTC)
Ok, so I got the brackets and perches all ground down and wire wheeled it up. Just for fun I threw the wheels on it. It looks Waaaaay wider than it really is, some big meats will help even it out. {Smile}

Image[/QUOTE]

Tellico Rally Post #555

Sponsored by HENGL
Team HENGL your face!
BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: Hogans Rubicon from the begining (9th Oct 10 at 1:58pm UTC)
Looks like that black widow is going to steal ur grinda'.... {Grin}

oh btw are you going to use that paint? {Grin}

Big fish in an even bigger pond
HOGAN

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Hogans Rubicon from the begining (10th Oct 10 at 4:40am UTC)
{Tongue Out} I'm gonna weld that spider to the diff !cover and then powder coat it. As far as the paint if you want some I have plenty! hahaha

Tellico Rally Post #555

Sponsored by HENGL
Team HENGL your face!
bigbadjeepster
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

how about a warm glass of shut the hell up?!

pm

Re: Hogans Rubicon from the begining (11th Oct 10 at 1:25am UTC)
I think those wheels used to be mine. I used to have them on big red, I can tell by the valve stems.

cheeks
69 commando with some goodies
70 commando with more goodies
HOGAN

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Hogans Rubicon from the begining (11th Oct 10 at 3:08am UTC)
Maybe? I got them from Austin. {Cool}

Tellico Rally Post #555

Sponsored by HENGL
Team HENGL your face!
HOGAN

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Hogans Rubicon from the begining (14th Oct 10 at 6:12am UTC)
Today at work I threw some powder on my diff cover. I'm amazed at how well some things clean up.

Moew to come. {Wink}

Tellico Rally Post #555

Sponsored by HENGL
Team HENGL your face!
HOGAN

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Hogans Rubicon from the begining (17th Jan 11 at 7:00am UTC)
Well slight change of plans but it will be for the better..... I hope lol. Gonna keep the Heep Streetable. My main focus is getting it smogged, I just reinstalled all the smog crap and rewired it. The only things I need are a LDP air filter, and I am going to replace the fuel fillerneck with a unmolested one and a new hose to the tank. As of right now I have no C.E.L. but that means nothing for at least a week of it being gone. Mike and I threw in a new heater core so now it's warm for the kids during these cold months and as soon as its smogged I need to address the steering and maybe replace the front axle housing, we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Not having a car payment is pretty sweet so driving the jeep keeps some extra cash in the pocket for making the jeep a bad ass driver that can hit the trail hard. I think I may just slowly peice together a bad ass front axle and work my way back. Anyways it will still get all the goodies I wanted, but I will just make it so its still drivable. {Cool} Also trying to get into a house with a garage. I hope good things really come to those who wait!

Tellico Rally Post #555

Sponsored by HENGL
Team HENGL your face!
 Printable View
Page: 1 2 3