ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: The next victim - View Topic (Page 1 of 3)Page: 1 2 3
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
yeagley
The next victim (4th May 09 at 6:59pm UTC)
Well, the 4runner is getting stripped down to frame rails, getting a bunch of tube and a green sticker, so im going to have all these Toyota parts layin around with no home. I might as well throw them in my extra Yota. Smiley She is a 1984 SR5 short bed pickup. I will wheel the piss out of it, but wont kill it like I did with the 4runner. This truck is just to get me on the trail until the 'Runner is all buggied out. Im sure my old lady will wheel it too when I have my buggy done. Her she is bone stock with 57,000 miles on her. :scared:
jeremyhengl
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Actual Wheeler

pm

Re: The next victim (4th May 09 at 9:07pm UTC)
you are building a buggy ?

Many thanks to all my sponsors and Pit crew ,
Yukon Gear and Axle
Wrap Concept
Bilstien
Bull Dog Winches
G & M construction
Greenside landscape
Susanville Trans.
Rock Zombies crew friends and family
yeagley
Re: The next victim (4th May 09 at 11:15pm UTC)
Yes sir. With the 4runner frame. That wont be done for a bit, so this truck will get me by till then.
jeremyhengl
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Actual Wheeler

pm

Re: The next victim (5th May 09 at 12:19am UTC)
sweet

Many thanks to all my sponsors and Pit crew ,
Yukon Gear and Axle
Wrap Concept
Bilstien
Bull Dog Winches
G & M construction
Greenside landscape
Susanville Trans.
Rock Zombies crew friends and family
bkizzle
Official Zombie Supporter

pm

Re: The next victim (5th May 09 at 2:33am UTC)
I can see it now RIP Toyota Volume 6!!! :homo: I know you wont be able to help yourself on the trail.... Im glad you've come to reality with your 4runner... sheetmetel is just not ur style.... :fake:

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

yeagley
Re: The next victim (5th May 09 at 3:14am UTC)
Alright....we will have the $500 Toyota shootout when its done. Its just another Toyota. When this one is hammered, i'll go get another one for $500 and switch over the running gear. Thats the beauty of a Yota :fake:
yeagley
Re: The next victim (13th May 09 at 3:48pm UTC)
I cut 12" out of the bed. Its so nice to work with un-smashed body pannels. I have some of the bed floor to finish welding and a little bit of bracing to finnish up. Just got some 3x2 box tube for my rear frame X member. I cut out the gay spare tire X member that was in my way. I will get most of the fab work done before I start transfering the other parts over. Its almost time to start on bumpers(something the 4runner never got).
bigbadjeepster
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

how about a warm glass of shut the hell up?!

pm

Re: The next victim (13th May 09 at 3:51pm UTC)
sweet, what does the inside of the bed look like? :thumbsup:

cheeks
69 commando with some goodies
70 commando with more goodies
yeagley
Re: The next victim (13th May 09 at 3:57pm UTC)
This is before I finished the sides. Its just tacked together. I always weld the inside when doing a bob. It makes the outside look clean.
bkizzle
Official Zombie Supporter

pm

Re: The next victim (13th May 09 at 4:36pm UTC)
looking good buddy get-r-dun when are you gonna start swapping the powertrain etc etc over...after someone buys the motor out of that one{Confused} ?

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: The next victim (13th May 09 at 5:36pm UTC)
looks good cole :thumbsup: dont forget to do the bondo work to make it look pretty {Cheesy} :laugh:

Rigless but I do have a 63 caddy now!
Trying to find a rig asap is in the works

tellico post #208
bigbadjeepster
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

how about a warm glass of shut the hell up?!

pm

Re: The next victim (13th May 09 at 9:19pm UTC)
killer!

cheeks
69 commando with some goodies
70 commando with more goodies
matt
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

pm

Re: The next victim (14th May 09 at 5:23pm UTC)
Bed looks great :thumbsup: I remember when I did mine and it definitely didnt turn out that clean!

1983 Toyota, tube bed, dual cases with 4.7, linked f/r with 16" fox coilovers, arb dana 44 front, welded 12 bolt rear, 39" Krawlers, 115" wheelbase
yeagley
Re: The next victim (15th May 09 at 3:14am UTC)
Yeah, this is my 4th bob. each one gets cleaner. Most people are afraid of sheetmetal. I like it. :thumbsup:
yeagley
Re: The next victim (26th May 09 at 6:27am UTC)
I sold the stock axles out of the truck. Shit, I sold them for as much as I paid for the truck. The axles out of the 4runner are in. Both axles need new gears. Im picking a set up from West Coast Diff tomorrow. Front springs and shackles out of the 4runner are in. (In case anyone wanted to know, stock toyota rears up front and a 6" shackle give you 5" of lift). Front still needs steering box mounted, shock hoops and dropped spring hanger. Im not sure what im doing with the rear yet. Might do the F150 springs turned around untill im rich and can link it. Heres what she looks like now.
This weekend I put in the tranny and t-cases out of the 4runner in. Im doing another flat belly. A truck cab is way easier than a 4runner. I had to cut the floor, but nothing like I did in the 4runner....leason learned. Still need to finish up the tranny tunnel, but this it what I have so far...
once the tunnel is done I can finish mounting the t-case crossmember. I need to move the gas tank sideways behind the cab and get rid of one of the stock frame crossmembers. It is kind of where my rear driveline goes.
:booze: :boobs:
 Printable View
Page: 1 2 3