ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: General 4x4 Discussion :: 302/Engine Question - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
lil-bronc
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

pm

302/Engine Question (23rd Jul 10 at 1:18am UTC)
Okay, so now the engine is running I am having the oil coming out of the dip stick. With the 302 EFI, there are no breather to relieve the pressure from the crankcase. I had this problem before but installed a hose from the valve covers to the intake, don't see that here.

Any ideas?

Live accross the river and still, Trying to keep up with the Jones'.

"So much of what is best in us, is bound up in our love of family. That it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty. "
BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: 302/Engine Question (23rd Jul 10 at 2:25am UTC)
Do you have Jason's number or Ryan jensen, or Travis? Those are the ford guys i know, oh wait and Brenden but not sure he knows the 302...(little) motor for him.... lol

Big fish in an even bigger pond
lil-bronc
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

pm

Re: 302/Engine Question (23rd Jul 10 at 4:16am UTC)
Thanks Rob, I will try them later.

Well, I ran a vacuum line from the filler neck to the intake and it went away. But now it doesn't idle well.

Going to replace the EGR valve and possibly "T" it to the filler neck.

"So much of what is best in us, is bound up in our love of family. That it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty. "
Donkey
Official Zombie Supporter

[Avatar]

pm

Re: 302/Engine Question (23rd Jul 10 at 4:39am UTC)
is that a closed system? Is there a PCV?
1uglyranger
Zombie Ally

pm

Re: 302/Engine Question (23rd Jul 10 at 2:32pm UTC)
What year/style efi??

If its the normal EECIV mustang stuff there is a pcv vavle that sits into the lower intake all the way in the center back. It sounds to me like its not hooked up, or its plugged. ALso, hooking the breather hose from the fill tube to the throttle body should not effect drivablility at all... unless you hooked it up to vaccum...did you?

Brian Whitford
TDO Member
Rage 4th

lil-bronc
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

pm

Re: 302/Engine Question (23rd Jul 10 at 6:01pm UTC)

What year/style efi??

If its the normal EECIV mustang stuff there is a pcv vavle that sits into the lower intake all the way in the center back. It sounds to me like its not hooked up, or its plugged. ALso, hooking the breather hose from the fill tube to the throttle body should not effect drivablility at all... unless you hooked it up to vaccum...did you?

It is off of a 93 HO 302. I have the PCV in, but I am going to replace that today. And I believe I did connect the fill tube to vacuum. Going to disconnect that today and get a PCV that has two ports so that I can hook that intake and the filler to it.

1uglyranger
Zombie Ally

pm

Re: 302/Engine Question (23rd Jul 10 at 11:28pm UTC)
The filler sould not go to manifold vaccum. It should go to the port on top of the throttle body, this way it only see's intake air. Make sure the pcv is getting good manifold vaccum. Don't share that vaccum with anything else. make sure the valve rattles. If it rattles, its good.

Brian Whitford
TDO Member
Rage 4th

Printable View