ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Build Ups :: Death Proof Redo - View Topic (Page 1 of 2)Page: 1 2
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
BMFNTOY
Official Zombie Supporter

[Avatar]

pm

Death Proof Redo (7th Jan 11 at 1:22am UTC)
Well, after too many flops, flips and cliff dives, the cage had seen better days. Time to hack off the upper cage and make it bigger, better, stronger.............. Smiley

Here it was before the last roll on Labor day weekend (didn't get any updated ones since then)

Here it is topless:

and here is the idea for the new cage and one piece panels instead of the segmented panels..........

Sorry for the crappy MSpaint work but you get the idea! Smiley

Hopefully have the cage work done by Sunday. Then I still have to make a roof, make a dash, make the one piece panels and do a few more things to make it how I want it Smiley

Jeff

TFab 100 Proof "Getting it buggy" LS2/TH400/4 spd. Atlas/Prorock D60 front/D70U rear CTM 37/40 spline shafts thruout/40" Kevlar stickies on Racelines...blah blah blah........
matt
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (7th Jan 11 at 4:37pm UTC)
Looks like it needed a new cage. Jeff are you planning on going down to KOH this year?

1983 Toyota, tube bed, dual cases with 4.7, linked f/r with 16" fox coilovers, arb dana 44 front, welded 12 bolt rear, 39" Krawlers, 115" wheelbase
BMFNTOY

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (7th Jan 11 at 5:51pm UTC)

Looks like it needed a new cage. Jeff are you planning on going down to KOH this year?

Yea Matt, I'm planning on heading down this year. Hopefully make it with the rig, but if not, I'm still going to try and go..........

TFab 100 Proof "Getting it buggy" LS2/TH400/4 spd. Atlas/Prorock D60 front/D70U rear CTM 37/40 spline shafts thruout/40" Kevlar stickies on Racelines...blah blah blah........
kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (7th Jan 11 at 8:27pm UTC)
looks good player. Glad to see you beat the sh*t out of it and managed to keep the name of the buggy true {Grin}

Rigless but I do have a 63 caddy now!
Trying to find a rig asap is in the works

tellico post #208
Sillyneck
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Hotdog in a sea of narrow hallways

pmwww

Re: Death Proof Redo (8th Jan 11 at 5:07pm UTC)
gotta make it death proof for the driver only. as to be congruent with the movie {Cheesy} make the passenger seat a steel tractor seat {Wink}

1955 CJ7 60-14, 309 hp inline V8, drag slicks, twice pipe twin stacks, high recompression piston return springs with blow off valves.
BMFNTOY

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (8th Jan 11 at 9:45pm UTC)
Well it definitely lived up to it's name keeping me the driver (stuntman Jeff) alive and kicking after my cliff dive! Smiley Smiley

kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (14th Jan 11 at 4:57pm UTC)

Any updates{Confused} ??

tellico post #208
BMFNTOY

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (16th Jan 11 at 6:11am UTC)
Just picked it up today from having the cage redone...........I had given Dave a print out of the above MSpaint idea and kinda wanted the roof level from front to back. This is what he came up with............what do you guys think?

HOGAN

[Avatar]

Black Jeep Metal Mafia Member

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (16th Jan 11 at 6:26pm UTC)
I think I like it better the way it is than if it were level but it's your buggy. Looks great!

Little 04 Rubicon, 5.13 gears, Home brew Highline on 36's Beat to hell and almost paid off... Happiness is Rock Crawling in your "Daily Driver"..... kinda.

Tellico Rally Post #555

Sponsored by HENGL
Team HENGL your face!
BMFNTOY

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (17th Jan 11 at 12:02am UTC)

I think I like it better the way it is than if it were level but it's your buggy. Looks great!

Thanks for the feedback Hogan, I appreciate it................Hopefully it won't be my buggy for much longer though. I redid the roof and am going to make a dash and
clean it up (reskin, repaint etc etc) and put it up for sale...........

any other feed back on the new cage?

BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (17th Jan 11 at 6:27am UTC)
I think the "B" pillar seems like it should be behind the headrest but then the window opening would be huge so i'm not sure whats going on with the layout but other than that the rig seems to be holding up really good huh? It should sell no problem {Cool}

Big fish in an even bigger pond
HOGAN

[Avatar]

Black Jeep Metal Mafia Member

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (17th Jan 11 at 6:40am UTC)
Jesus!!! I didn't even see how far back the seats were!! Are they just tossed in or are they mounted? I'm just short though and for some reason I seem to like sitting a little closer than most. Guess I get a better view, lol. {Grin} I still like the look though. Whats the price?

Little 04 Rubicon, 5.13 gears, Home brew Highline on 36's Beat to hell and almost paid off... Happiness is Rock Crawling in your "Daily Driver"..... kinda.

Tellico Rally Post #555

Sponsored by HENGL
Team HENGL your face!
BMFNTOY

[Avatar]

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (17th Jan 11 at 7:45am UTC)
Thanks guys......as for the seats, they are mounted in the same place Tilton and Kranker had them when 1st built. they kind of lean back which puts the headrest behind the b pillar (you can see in the "before"'pic that they are behind the b pillar then too).....I'm 6' - 6'1 and pedal / steering wheel is perfect, mounts can be moved or sliders installs for shorter drivers / passengers ;-)

Not sure on a price yet......will figure it out once it's all cleaned up ect........Input on a good starting price would be appreciated though!

kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (17th Jan 11 at 5:27pm UTC)
I would have not ran it back as far as you did. And as far as having it slope to the front i Would have kept it falt. just my 2 pennies. Good luck with the sale.

tellico post #208
kranker
Zombie Member

fuckd up 4 life

pm

Re: Death Proof Redo (17th Jan 11 at 5:29pm UTC)
and as far as a starting price i think 13,500obo.would be a good start. or close to there.

tellico post #208
 Printable View
Page: 1 2