ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD > General :: Build Ups :: > No Limit Chassis build for BigRob

No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 15th Mar 11 at 5:32pm
So i'm going to try and keep this simple and try and put up alot of pics as progress is made. As of right now it is already a roller and so i have a few pics to post up. I will also list my parts that i have aquired so far.....

LQ4 6 liter 2005 Denali, 700r4 with alot of goodies (smurf built), atlas 4.3 32 spline, my old chevy 60 front axle with ARB and 5:13's and PSC double ended ram with bluetorch high steer arms courtesy of T-Carp, 14 bolt rear spooled by Trout, 5:13's and disc brakes, raceline monster 17x9 and 42" irok's slightly used from Phil at No Limit, my lower links are built by Trout (they were going to be for his death chassis), 2 of them are 2" .250 Chromoly with 1 1/4 heims, and the other 2 are 2" .250 DOM with 1 1/4 heims, uppers are all 1.75 .120 DOM with 7/8 heims, shocks are 2.5" x 14" Sway a way's, 2 - 4" rad flo bumps and 2 - 4" sway a way bumps, my chassis is from No Limit Fab in Grassvalley as are my front and rear truss', diff covers, and link brackets. The rocker bars and front and rear bumpers are .188 DOM so i can smash..... Smiley

I was originally planning on all these parts in the jeep chassis (except with a TBI 350) but Phil called with an offer to get me in one of his chassis' for a sweet price, well i asked him if i could think about it and eventually called him and said i better stick to my original plan. {Rolleyes} Well that lasted about a few weeks and on my birthday at a new years/ b-day party at Ian's i was asked why the F did i pass that deal up...lol i immediatly sent Phil a text asking if the deal was still good and he called the next day and here we are... Smiley I have these pics that came from my phone so i hope they are ok and not too big.

this is where he started ..

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 15th Mar 11 at 5:34pm

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By mikeb (mikeb) on 15th Mar 11 at 7:48pm
Wow nice parts list. Cannt wait to see you back out on the trail

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By lil-bronc (lilbronc) on 15th Mar 11 at 8:28pm
Nice.. can't wait to see the progress pics and on the trail.

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By HOGAN (hogan) on 15th Mar 11 at 9:49pm
Hell yeah!!

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 15th Mar 11 at 10:45pm
So tonight i drove all over to get a pencil camera and check the pistons via spark plug hole and it turns out i have an LQ4 not an LQ9 so i check the other motor offered to me as well it is an LQ4 so no biggie i am still excited. Then i received the computer for said motor and it has the vehicle info on it and turns out its from a 2005 Denali.. thats cool only 62,000 miles on it.

I also got to go sit in the rig and feel it out, i went 60" wide which is the width of the CJ hood and its perfect for me and comfy as a trail rig since that is goal #1 with this build. {Grin}

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 15th Mar 11 at 10:50pm

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 15th Mar 11 at 10:52pm

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By HOGAN (hogan) on 16th Mar 11 at 8:34am
No big deal about the Motor its the same as the LQ9 just has a little bit lower compression of 9.4:1 rather than the10:1 of the LQ9. Being that your motor is a 05 you have aluminum heads, the 99-00 LQ4's had cast iron. Maybe goodby will give you a good deal on his blower, lol.

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By bigbadjeepster (bigbadjeepster) on 16th Mar 11 at 9:09am
bueno!

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By matt (matt) on 16th Mar 11 at 9:50am
Very nice!

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By sarge (sarge) on 16th Mar 11 at 10:08am
looking goood,,, must be tax time

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By Donkey (norcalzukini) on 16th Mar 11 at 11:02am
Nice Biggy!

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 16th Mar 11 at 8:02pm

looking goood,,, must be tax time

negative i haven't even began to do the taxes yet..... {Grin} hopefully i get some money back Smiley

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 16th Mar 11 at 8:10pm
Hogan i am reading an engine builders book for these Gen III motors and they list the ls6 and lq9/lq4 heads as the heads to run. it says the lq heads where derived from the ls6 heads with the same port size but 8 cc bigger chambers so they are ideal for boosted engines and the ls6 for naturally aspirated engines. useless knowledge i know...... {Grin}
i thought i would tell you it also says that the early cast iron heads from these motors are less than desirable...lol

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By HOGAN (hogan) on 16th Mar 11 at 9:28pm
exactly so in the long run you scored!

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 26th Mar 11 at 11:56am
no updates until i get this thing home from Grass Valley, and some more parts delivered.

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By 1uglyranger (1uglyranger) on 1st Apr 11 at 1:02pm
Badass Big Rob. I am diggin the width for a trail rig. My ranger was 58" at the cowl, and I miss having the extra room when I am trail wheelin {Tongue Out}

So far it looks badass!!

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By JRW7072009 (jrw7072009) on 1st Apr 11 at 7:52pm
I have been checking the pictures out on FB this thing is looking bad ass!

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 2nd Apr 11 at 8:47am
Thanks guys, i am actually supposed to be able to pick it up today... soo f'ing excited to do so!! {Cool}

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By mikeb (mikeb) on 2nd Apr 11 at 8:53am
Need a truck or trailer to go get it. Whatever it takes to get you back on the trail

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By lil-bronc (lilbronc) on 3rd Apr 11 at 8:30am
Sweet!!

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 6th Apr 11 at 5:17am
still waiting...... patiently.......... {Rolleyes}

thanks Baggy, i will probably be ok with my half ton, just waiting for Phil to finish up a couple things.... no big deal. {Cool}

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By J-Dub (imuzme) on 6th Apr 11 at 9:03am

still waiting...... patiently.......... {Rolleyes}

thanks Baggy, i will probably be ok with my half ton, just waiting for Phil to finish up a couple things.... no big deal. {Cool}

It will tow it fine. Towed my turd to fordyce and back IYR.

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By toykilla5150 (toykilla5150) on 13th Apr 11 at 9:22pm
Lookin good biggie Smiley

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BMFNTOY (bmfntoy) on 3rd May 11 at 3:45pm
Updates?!?! Smiley

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By Alotakids! (alotakids) on 17th May 11 at 2:13pm
Any updated pics ofit in the garage? Not a good sign if its on the side yard with a tarpon it....Summers comin, get in gear buddy.

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By Strawberry Horse (strawberryhorse) on 24th May 11 at 9:54pm
What's the latest? Is it at your house yet?

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By jeremyhengl (jeremyhengl) on 6th Jun 11 at 6:33am
It gets no love lol {Cry}

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 7th Jun 11 at 8:16am
ok so i have been slowly working on alot of small things that arent picture worthy like purchasing the drivelines,installing the side plates, wheel bearings, drive flanges, installing mid-plate, shifter asy. on atlas, and lots of maint. shit on my rear axle. Currently trying to stack some cash so i can get my steering and seats. Def. trying to do it right and once..... what a process! i hope to get it over to Marco for exhaust in a few weeks (not running) just so its in before the area is to tight to get too.

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By billync (billynitecrawler) on 7th Jun 11 at 3:14pm
Calling it a trail rig is a stretch. Just sayin........ {Grin}

Now pull that credit card out and get it done!

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 5th Jul 11 at 7:42pm

Calling it a trail rig is a stretch. Just sayin........ {Grin}

Now pull that credit card out and get it done!

its a trail rig with a twist... lol and def. trying to stay away from the credit cards! {Lips Sealed}

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By mikeb (mikeb) on 5th Jul 11 at 10:20pm
Don't use the cards! Not worth it.

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By Keith (psmurfbeotches) on 22nd Jul 11 at 11:54am
One word of caution when using the mid plate. Make CERTAIN that the converter is shimmed back towards the trans to keep the hub of the converter in the pump when the flex plates flexes forward...... But you probably already know that! Nice looking build!

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By C-DUB (cdub) on 12th Aug 11 at 1:16pm
Is it done yet{Confused}

Re: No Limit Chassis build for BigRob - Posted By jeremyhengl (jeremyhengl) on 21st Sep 11 at 1:03pm
SLACKER