ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Tech Talk :: Good Machine shop? - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
OVkid
Wheeler

[Avatar]

1989 XJ 6.5" lift Long Arms. 4.56 Gears. 36's

pm

Good Machine shop? (17th Dec 09 at 6:05am UTC)
I'm starting the head gasket job on my 22RE tomarrow and I'm realy hoping to have the truck back on the road and trail saturday. Anyone know of a good machine shop in the area who is fast, cheap, and good?

-Thanks,

Also if you have any tips on the head gasket job that'd be great. I've never done it before.

The scars on my knuckles match the scuffs on my cowboy boots
bkizzle
Official Zombie Supporter

pm

Re: Good Machine shop? (17th Dec 09 at 4:42pm UTC)
Buds on Main ave!!!! or Heidts machine on greenback in between main and madison, both are good shops and cheap, look them up in the phone book... Doing a head gasket on a 22r can be done half asleep, follow torque patterns for removing the head and putting it back on, it IS VERY IMPORTANT you remove the head correctly, a lot of people probably warp there head here rather than it being warped in the first place, theres a tiny 8mm bolt in the front of the head underneath the the front of the upper timing chain sprocket do NOT forget this bolt, while your in there replace your timing set too, chain, sprockets, tensioner, rails all of it... Dont try and remove the whole intake in one piece you need to pull the upper plenum off first to get wires and hoses unplugged and all the bolts out properly.

Other than that follow basic common sense and refer to a good manual A TOYOTA ONE NOT KRAGENS CHEAP ASS MANUALS!!! you can download them online usually, go to the FAQ page its a sticky in the top of the toyota truck forum on the Pirate Board everything you need to know is there including links to download a factory manual!!!

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

OVkid
Wheeler

[Avatar]

1989 XJ 6.5" lift Long Arms. 4.56 Gears. 36's

pm

Re: Good Machine shop? (17th Dec 09 at 5:17pm UTC)
Thanks alot. The fluids are draining out right now.

Looks like the hard part will be locating and undoing all the crap on top of the motor.

The scars on my knuckles match the scuffs on my cowboy boots
rockcrawlinredneck
Zombie Ally

pmwww

Re: Good Machine shop? (18th Dec 09 at 2:33am UTC)
Undo the exhaust and intake manifold's with everything on them and flip them over on to the fenderwells, dont mess with all the vacuum and plugs.

CALIFORNIA CREEPERS
www.calcreepers.com
bkizzle
Official Zombie Supporter

pm

Re: Good Machine shop? (18th Dec 09 at 4:51am UTC)

Undo the exhaust and intake manifold's with everything on them and flip them over on to the fenderwells, dont mess with all the vacuum and plugs.

Its not a carb motor it only has like 4 vacuum lines..... :flipoff: and to get the harness off you have to take the upper off the lower, there are also bolts on the intake that are almost impossible without splitting them

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

Printable View