ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: Tech Talk :: Vented Rotors? - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
OVkid
Wheeler

[Avatar]

1989 XJ 6.5" lift Long Arms. 4.56 Gears. 36's

pm

Vented Rotors? (8th Dec 09 at 8:41am UTC)
I'm gettin together all the parts I need to SAS my truck and I keep seeing vented rotors in alot of the kits you can buy. I'm not buying a kit, I'm just getting the parts all seperatly from craigslist and stuff, but whats the deal with the vented rotors?

Do I need them?

Will my stock rotors off my 1991 front end work on the 1983 axle I'm puttin under my truck?

Any advice here would be great, I'm relay strapped for cost so if I dont need them I'm deffinatly not buying them. At least not for now.

The scars on my knuckles match the scuffs on my cowboy boots
DAN FRAN SISCO
Official Zombie Supporter

[Avatar]

have you seen my baeball?

pm

Re: Vented Rotors? (8th Dec 09 at 10:52pm UTC)
Vented rotors are not a must have. I wouldnt worry about it save your money. But here is some info
this is how to convert to fj40 rotors i do believe i dont like the way they are bolting up the caliper but i have seen a few done and havnt heard about any one killing them selvs from it yet.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2423615#post2423615

My mommy said I was special!
yeagley
Re: Vented Rotors? (9th Dec 09 at 2:08am UTC)
Its fj 60 rotors you want....not fj40

I just looked at my info. fj40s are the same as fj60s. You still cant safely put them on ifs hubs.
yeagley
Re: Vented Rotors? (9th Dec 09 at 2:11am UTC)
You cant use your ifs rotors. That thread above is some negro type of shit. They are trying to put fj40 rotors on a ifs hub.Thats garbage. The fj60 rotors bolt on in place of your stock 83 solid rotors. That is how you can re use your ifs calipers. This is a great upgrade from the shitty solid rotor solid axle brakes. If you had money to build your truck right you would buy the Sky Manufacturing kit to run the ifs hubs(im not talking about the locking hubs. Im talking about the part the wheel bearing ride in). This makes your axle 3" wider and you get to re use some of the parts you already have
 Printable View