ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: General 4x4 Discussion :: Great Job Trek Comittee!!! - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Great Job Trek Comittee!!! (15th Aug 11 at 4:49pm UTC)
Doing work Son!!
I have to thank everyone who was on WH5 to lend a hand and make it happen. They are Phil, Sarah, Hengl, Brianne, Justin, Summer, Eric, Kari, Kaitlyn, Cheeks, Rick, Cindy,Mikey, Bird, Craig, Rachel and my wife Amy, you all did a great job and i'm sorry that Amy and I had to leave for the funeral and miss friday but it sounded like you all had it handled. There was alot of other people like comittee staff, Trek participants and the kitchen crew who walked up and thanked The Rock Zombies for their effort in volunteering their time and knowledge of off road driving and the help we provided unloading the food truck and re-arranging the tables and chairs in the dining area. You all did an awesome job and for those of you who missed it i am sorry that you did but i also understand life happens. All i can say is get it in your planners for next year and lets be more prepared for this event, since it happens every August. We are def. a well liked and respected club up there. Also the chairman and co-chairman are even going to take a look at the fee's for trek comittee and see what adjustments can be made. We should all be stoked that as a club our spotting is awesome!! We didnt have to stack rocks or pull winch line for anyone who listened and did what we told them to do. At the camp fire sat. night i had a guy come over to me and say that after we spotted him up the hill on 5 he had to get out of his jeep and come back down to see what he just drove up, he said as he looked up the hill he thought "no way" he was soo tired he just wanted to be done and thought to himself what ever these guys want me to do i'll do it.... next thing he knew he drove right up and out of WH5... he said he didnt even know his rig could handle the line we sent him right up!! and this is only one of three guys who said the same thing and one of them was in a 1979 cj7 with 33's and all jeep and he was really proud of that and just had to express his gratitude and happiness with me about us, his jeep, and the event!! awesome!! I am glad we are a part of this!!

Big fish in an even bigger pond
BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: Great Job Trek Comittee!!! (15th Aug 11 at 4:51pm UTC)
Also a huge props to Cheeks and Justin who went down and repaired a starter on a Bronco for a couple who were stranded and camped out on the trail down between wh3 and wh4 ... good job guys i'm sure you made a friend for life! {Cool}

T-CARP
Administrator

[Avatar]

Blaaarrrgggg!!

pmwww

Re: Great Job Trek Comittee!!! (16th Aug 11 at 2:48am UTC)
Awesome Job! Sorry I couldnt get up there, getting ready for a 600 mile race is a big job and I thought it would go quicker but it didnt. Also money is really tight right now to make this race and sierra trek would not have been able to happen. My entry fee alone for this race is $2275 {Shocked}

Do what you gotta do!

R.I.P. Dave Halabuk

bigbadjeepster
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

how about a warm glass of shut the hell up?!

pm

Re: Great Job Trek Comittee!!! (16th Aug 11 at 3:52am UTC)
sounds like my morgage every month. damn!

cheeks
69 commando with some goodies
70 commando with more goodies
Sillyneck
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Hotdog in a sea of narrow hallways

pmwww

Re: Great Job Trek Comittee!!! (17th Aug 11 at 12:38am UTC)
Nice write up Rob! Great event... i was cussing it friday night saying i'd never do it again.... but after sat it was all good again. {Smile}

I can't imagine, travis. It's hard enough to juggle all this stuff and be everywhere never mind the additional expenses you see that don't apply to normal recreational wheelin. Not to mention the fact that you're pretty much obligated to go to all the races. Best of luck on this one!

1955 CJ7 60-14, 309 hp inline V8, drag slicks, twice pipe twin stacks, high recompression piston return springs with blow off valves.
BigRob
Zombie Member

[Avatar]

Build it Whiskey Proof!

pm

Re: Great Job Trek Comittee!!! (18th Aug 11 at 3:49pm UTC)
Thanks Phil, i probably forgot some critical info. so i appologize to those of you who i forgot to thank or info that i might have forgot! {Cool}

Printable View