ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD Banner

ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD :: General :: General 4x4 Discussion :: I need a driveline!!!! Help - View Topic (Page 2 of 2)Page: 1 2
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
bkizzle
Official Zombie Supporter

pm

Re: I need a driveline!!!! Help (21st Nov 09 at 3:40am UTC)
you got both sections from the other truck right{Confused} there balanced as a unit so swapping just the rear section may cause vibration issues but you may get lucky..... also I like the two piece especially in your rig cuz there a longer than my 2nd gen xtd cab and my one piece is always riding rocks it could use to be a bit shorter... my old rear second half is now re tubed and on the front!!!

if you keep it and dont go to a one piece there is a thread on pirate about replacing the gay carrier bearing with a pillow block bearing you have to get the end of the front section turned down but that will only run you 20-30 bucks right here at heidts machine in OV... The pillow blocks will not fail if you get a beefy one

One day Id like to have pillow block bearings front and rear with equal length second halves and as short as possible with still maintaining good articulation with out u joint problems

'85 xtracab 116"wheelbase, R10 duals, 5.29's, 38's

OVkid
Wheeler

[Avatar]

1989 XJ 6.5" lift Long Arms. 4.56 Gears. 36's

pm

Re: I need a driveline!!!! Help (22nd Nov 09 at 8:17am UTC)
What am I waiting for? I dont have $127. I got a driveline from pick n pull for $43 and my truck is back on the road

The scars on my knuckles match the scuffs on my cowboy boots
 Printable View
Page: 1 2