ZOMBIE 4x4 BOARD > General :: General 4x4 Discussion :: > Orbital Valve

Orbital Valve - Posted By Yo Boom (just2much19) on 29th Nov 10 at 6:54pm
So I was at Phil's all day while he was finishing a few things up and I played with the PS system. We came to the conclusion that we think it is the orbital, which was purchased new. Does anyone have a good working orbital that I can borrow to put on to see if that may be it? I just don't want to buy one blindly, not knowing if that is the problem.

Re: Orbital Valve - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 29th Nov 10 at 10:47pm
Can't you return it to the vender in which you bought it!!

Re: Orbital Valve - Posted By Yo Boom (just2much19) on 29th Nov 10 at 11:11pm
Yes, if it is that. If not then I will be stuck with whatever bill they give me for rebuilding/checking it. I just thought it would be easier if someone had one laying around, to just slap on and see if it heats up.

Re: Orbital Valve - Posted By btilton (btilton) on 30th Nov 10 at 12:16pm
im not sure what your exact problem is but be careful puttig in someones orbital. I had a seal go out internally on a ram. wasnt leaking but wouold get super hot and stop working. it ended up pushing small bits of seal thoughout the entire system. i had to take the orbital apart and blow air though all of the ports to clean it out. if this is your problem, you will push contaminates (sp?) into someone elses system. just my .02

Re: Orbital Valve - Posted By BigRob (bigrob) on 30th Nov 10 at 1:55pm
Good point Brian, what are the orbital manufactures proceedures for trouble shooting?

Re: Orbital Valve - Posted By mikeb (mikeb) on 30th Nov 10 at 4:25pm
There's a good troubleshooting an orbital over at pirate by Scott@rockstomper. Real in depth. Cannt find a link for it right now.

Re: Orbital Valve - Posted By lil-bronc (lilbronc) on 30th Nov 10 at 6:30pm
More importantly, what is the problem.

I have had issues in the past and Baggy and a couple of others helped me piece it together and get it to work. Also, Hengl has talked about his problems.

I don't just a place to start...

Re: Orbital Valve - Posted By jiMMythejerk (jimmythejerk) on 30th Nov 10 at 10:57pm
i have an orbital. it needs an end cap to work. feel free to test what you want on it. for beer of corse. hahahaha.

these systems are simple. theres nothing to mine. i would take it apart flush everything and let er rip. i dunno what pump you run but i had an internal nut back off 2-3 turns inside the pump on the high pressure line once, FAWKED everything up.

Re: Orbital Valve - Posted By jeremyhengl (jeremyhengl) on 2nd Dec 10 at 9:19am
Mines off the rig come get it
call me if you still need it 916 9475496